Any form of coaching, including executive coaching, is a process whereby an individual and his/her “coach” develop a working relationship geared towards enhancing or learning skills that move individuals towards achieving business or professional goals. The focus may be on leadership or any aspect of management that an individual would like to address. Executive coaching does not necessarily focus on how to run a business, the focus is more on the human aspect of leadership and management, acknowledging that there is a difference between the two.
Areas in which Access Newcastle Hunter Manning staff can provide executive coaching include:
- Debriefing with managers/leaders regarding any work situation – whether that be a personal situation, staff related or operational
- Discussion on how to create positive workplace cultures – topics can be tailored according to each manager/ leader’s area of confidence, skills and work situation. Topics may include how to have difficult conversations with staff; promoting good mental health in the workplace; keeping staff engaged, managing difficult workplace relationships; managing time and effective leadership skills including emotional intelligence. This list is not exhaustive and may include other topics as they arise.
- Supporting a healthy work/life balance for managers/ leaders as well as achieving a healthy level of acceptance in some aspects of their work.
- Real time problem solving.
- Any topic in relation to skill development from a psychological perspective in order to achieve set work and personal goals.
Professional supervision and coaching is not “counselling”. If there are any mental health issues raised during the course of supervision and coaching, these will be addressed with advice on how to seek further support, for example through EAP counselling, doctor, family members and so on.
If you feel you, or managers/ leaders in your workplace would benefit from Executive Coaching, contact us so we can talk about tailoring a package to suit your needs.
Book an appointment
*Please note, your access to our services is confidential, your personal information is not shared and you are not identified to your organisation/Employer.